Kevin Schwin graduated from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law cum laude with a J.D. Concentration in Labor and Employment Law. While in law school, Mr. Schwin served as President of his law school’s Employment and Labor Law Association. Mr. Schwin received his B.B.S. from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, majoring in Human Resource Management.
Mr. Schwin enjoys sports and traveling in his free time. He traveled to Italy as a foreign exchange student while in high school. He speaks fluent Italian and is proficient in French.
- Recipient of the Ohio State Bar Association’s Award for Outstanding Scholarship in the Field of Labor and Employment Law
- Recipient of the Frank L. Bartak Memorial Fund Award for Outstanding Study in Torts
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law – J.D. Cum Laude, 2008
- Miami Univeristy – B.B.S., 2005
- Legal Experience:
- Licensed member of the State Bar of California since 2009
- Community Involvement:
- President of the Board of Directors of the Madera County Food Bank - Board Member since 2012, President since 2013
- Member of the California Employment Lawyers' Association (CELA) - 2010 - Present
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the Madera County Arts Council - 2010-2011
- Former Member of the Madera Sunrise Rotary Club - 2009-2011
- Former Volunteer Constitutional Law teacher in the 3Rs program, an initiative through the Cleveland Bar Association to improve local high school students’ educational and career pathways - 2007-2008
- Former Volunteer Italian teacher - 2003-2004
- Author of "Toward a Plain Meaning Approach to Analyzing Title VII: Employment Discrimination Protection of Transsexuals" Published in Volume 57, No. 3 of the Cleveland State Law Review.