Phone: (559) 715-ATTY (2889)
Fax: (559) 221-6812
Kevin Schwin graduated from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law cum laude with a J.D. Concentration in Labor and Employment Law. While in law school, Mr. Schwin served as President of his law school’s Employment and Labor Law Association. Mr. Schwin received his B.B.S. from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, majoring in Human Resource Management.
Mr. Schwin enjoys sports and traveling in his free time. He traveled to Italy as a foreign exchange student while in high school. He speaks fluent Italian and is proficient in French.
- Recipient of the Ohio State Bar Association’s Award for Outstanding Scholarship in the Field of Labor and Employment Law.
- Recipient of the Frank L. Bartak Memorial Fund Award for Outstanding Study in Torts.
- Recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Excellent Achievement in the Study of Torts.
- Selected by the Northern California Super Lawyers Magazine as a "Rising Star" for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 - reserved for the top 2.5% of lawyers under the age of 40 and/or with less than 10 years experience practicing law.
- Lifetime Charter Member of Rue Ratings' Best Attorneys of America - A "by invitation-only" group of attorneys with an extraordinary level of legal expertise, competency, professional reputation and ethical standards. Less than 1% of the lawyers in America have been invited to be members of Rue Ratings' Best Attorneys of America.
- 2016 and 2017 Member of The National Advocates' Top 40 Under 40 Organization - a professional organization composed of the top 40 advocacy attorneys from each state who are under the age of 40.
- Corporate LiveWire's 2016 Global Award Winner in the Category of Employment & Labour Law - An award representing the pinnacle of achievement in the field of employment and labor law.
- Associate Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America - an invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society established to reflect the new face of the American bar. Membership is limited to 3,500 Fellows, representing less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Fellows are selected and invited into Fellowship after being evaluated for effectiveness and accomplishment in litigation and trial work, along with ethical reputation.
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law – J.D. Cum Laude, 2008
- Miami Univeristy – B.B.S., 2005
- Licensed member of the State Bar of California since 2009
- Former President of the Board of Directors of the Madera County Food Bank - Board Member 2012-2017, President 2013-2017.
- Member of the California Employment Lawyers' Association (CELA) - 2010 - Present
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the Madera County Arts Council - 2010-2011
- Former Member of the Madera Sunrise Rotary Club - 2009-2011
- Former Volunteer Constitutional Law teacher in the 3Rs program, an initiative through the Cleveland Bar Association to improve local high school students’ educational and career pathways - 2007-2008
- Former Volunteer Italian teacher - 2003-2004
- Author of "Toward a Plain Meaning Approach to Analyzing Title VII: Employment Discrimination Protection of Transsexuals" Published in Volume 57, No. 3 of the Cleveland State Law Review.